Young & Ma LLP is an employment, discrimination, and civil litigation law firm focusing primarily on servicing employees in large institutions and small businesses in or working with those in the NYC metropolitan area.
We are extremely experienced and strategic in our practice of employment law and civil litigation in New York, nationally, and internationally. Additionally, we have some depth of knowledge in social and professional discrimination patterns against protected classes in the workforce. Similarly, we have a deep-rooted structural and practical understanding of small and family-owned businesses and the legal exposures they face with limited resources.
Some of our major services include, but are not limited to:
- Severance negotiation and advice and counseling for executives/employees in financial institutions and other major companies in the New York City area;
- Discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims for executives/employees in financial institutions and major companies in the New York City area;
- Advice and counseling concerning all aspects of company administration, human resources, and prevention and/or investigation of employee complaints and wage and hour matters;
- Litigation, including defense of employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims in state and federal court, administrative agencies, and other venues of dispute resolution;
- Commercial litigation concerning international disputes (shipping, nonpayment, disclosure of confidential information, etc.);
- Administrative proceedings before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights, New York City Division of Human Rights, United States Department of Labor, New York State Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, and other agencies in New York and other jurisdictions;
- Advice and counseling concerning compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to employment discrimination, harassment, wage and hour matters, pension plans, benefit plans, health and safety matters, and the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act;
- Advice and assistance concerning proposed mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, new business initiatives, consolidations, transfers, affiliations, closings, terminations, and other business decisions with major employment implications;
- Employment application, offer letter, employment agreement;
- Drafting and revising employee handbooks, severance agreements, separation agreements and general releases, confidentiality agreements, and other employment-related documents; and
- Restrictive covenant litigation.
We tailor and create unique business and legal strategies to obtain our clients’ objectives and goals. To request a private consultation, please fill out this form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 212-220-4024.